It’s Father’s Day! Let’s celebrate all the extraordinary dads all around the world with a special recipe for French Bread Pizza. What could be better than combining two delights: crispy French bread and flavorful pizza? This delicious and creative dish is a perfect way to show your father how much you love and appreciate him. Get ready to delight his taste buds with this easy-to-make yet delicious pizza recipe. So, put on your aprons and embark on this culinary adventure with 7 Star All Purpose Flour.
- 5 ½ – 6 cups 7 Star All-Purpose Wheat Flour
- 2 ¼ cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant or active dry yeast
- 2 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pepperoni slices or a meat topping of your choice such as sausages
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped basil, for topping
How to Make
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit until it becomes bubbly and foamy (around 3-5 minutes) if using active dry yeast. If using instant yeast, you can proceed without waiting for the yeast to activate.
- Add salt, oil, and 3 cups of flour to the mixture and mix. Gradually add 2 1/2 to 3 more cups of flour until the dough forms a soft ball that doesn’t stick too much to your fingers.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes until it becomes smooth. If the dough sticks to the sides of the bowl, add a little flour at a time until it forms a soft and sturdy ball.
- Leave the dough in the mixer and cover it with a lid or towel. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then briefly mix it for about 10 seconds. Repeat this resting and mixing process five more times.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly greased surface and divide it in half. Shape each portion into a thick rectangle, roughly 9×13 inches. Roll up the dough starting from the long edge, pressing out any air bubbles, and pinch the edge to seal.
- Place the loaves seam side down on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife or bread lame to make diagonal cuts on the top of each loaf. This step is optional and can be done before or after the dough rises.
- Cover the loaves with greased plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let them rise for about an hour, or until they become noticeably puffy and nearly double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and make sure the oven rack is in the centre position. If you prefer a darker crust, you can increase the temperature to 200-220°C, and adjust the rack position accordingly. Be cautious not to burn the bread, especially the bottom.
- Bake the loaves in the preheated oven until they turn golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. This typically takes about 25-30 minutes, but keep an eye on them to avoid overbaking.
- Once baked, remove the loaves from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise.
- Mix melted butter and garlic together, then brush the mixture all over the cut side of the bread.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 10 minutes at 200°C to lightly toast it.
- Spread marinara sauce on top of the bread.
- Place mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes on top of the marinara sauce.
- Bake again until the cheese is melted, which should take about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and top with basil before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious French bread pizza!