Puri, also known as Indian fried bread is often served for dinner or as a light meal within the country as well as in neighbouring countries and regions. The bread is slightly crispy on the outside and is served with traditional, spicy curries as accompaniments. 7 Star introduces this deep-fried favourite with a healthier and greener twist, prepared using 7 Star Chakki Atta Flour. Introducing your very own leafy green dinner – Spinach Puri.
- 7 Star Chakki Atta Flour – 1 cup
- Spinach puree – ¼ cup
- Green chilli paste – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
- Oil (for frying)
- Combine the 7 Star Chakki Atta Flour, spinach pure, green chilli paste, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt, and knead well until it becomes a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into round equal pieces (ideally 20 pieces).
- Heat the oil in a pan to deep fry the puris, one at a time. Let it fry until the outsides turn crisp.
- Once they are fried, place them on an absorbent paper to drain the oil.
- Serve them fresh and hot to your family for a scrumptious dinner, with spicy curries to complement the flavour.