Bored of having to eat the same old chapati for dinner? Why not flavour it up and transform it into something more appealing and unique? 7 Star brings you a new approach to chapatis: Radish Chapati. A delicious dinner meal that requires minimal ingredients, energy, time and some shredded radish. Not only is the preparation simple but is also healthy and fulfilling.
- 7 Star Chakki Atta Flour – 2 cups
- Shredded radish – 250g
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chopped green chilli – 1
- Chopped coriander leaves – 8 to 10 sprigs
- Chopped mint leaves – 5 to 6 sprigs
- Cumin seeds ¼ teaspoon
- Oil or ghee to make the chapatis
- Add shredded radish, 7 Star Chakki Atta Flour, oil, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chopped mint leaves, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and cumin seeds, and mix well.
- Knead the dough well until the consistency of a chapati dough has been formed. Add water only if necessary. Apply oil to the dough, cover the bowl that it is in and set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Separate the dough into balls (ideally the size of a golf ball) and take out your rolling pin.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and the dough to begin rolling them into thin round sheets.
- On a frying pan, cook the chapatis until both sides turn evenly brown and serve them hot with a bowl of your favourite curry.