Semolina in Sri Lanka is an ingredient commonly used to make sweets and this dish is no different. It is a great snack for kids and adults alike and overflowing with nutrients. A bowl of this will leave you with a healthy fullness and a happy smile because it tastes so good! Here’s the recipe to this delicious bowl of semolina pudding.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 500 ml milk
- 70g 7 Star Semolina
- 1 pinch of salt
- A bit of cinnamon
- Melted butter
- Icing sugar or grated chocolate for sprinkling
- Bring the milk and butter to a boil and then add in a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Add in the semolina gradually while stirring. Simmer the mix until thick and creamy. Keep in mind that the more you simmer it the firmer it becomes.
- Mix the sugar with cinnamon as per taste and sprinkle on top once the porridge has been poured into a bowl.
- Pour brown butter on top or garnish only with chocolate.
Brown butter – Melt the butter in a pan and keep it on the fire till the temperature reaches above the melting point and the butter will begin to turn brown. It gives an enticing hazelnut aroma when the process is taking place.