Have you been trying out various kitchen experiments to master quick and easy recipes? 7 Star brings you a new twist to flatbread, with a recipe that requires minimum ingredients and time. It is also yeast-free and quite a healthy meal option for the whole family. Yes, we have managed to reduce the kneading time to 2-3 minutes for your convenience and the best part? These flatbreads come out softer and more pliable than the usual ones that consume hours to rise!
- 7 Star All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Unsalted butter – 50g
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
Let’s Get Kneading… But Not for Long!
- Start off the recipe by melting the butter and milk together on the stove. Once the butter has completely melted, remove it from the stove and set it aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients; these include 7 Star All Purpose Flour and salt. Pour the butter into the dry mixture and combine well.
- Sprinkle flour onto your work surface and knead for 2-3 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. Wrap the dough with cling foil and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Break the dough into 6 balls and roll them out on your work surface. Be sure to sprinkle it with a little flour before rolling.
- Heat a pan and get cooking. Place one flatbread on the pan over high heat and watch it rise dramatically. Once golden spots appear on the underside of the flatbread (after approx. 1 minute), flip it and let it cook until the same spots appear on the other side. Repeat with the rest.
- Stack the flatbread and wrap them in a tea towel so that the flatbreads become softer and more pliable.
- Brush them with a hint of butter, oil or even garlic butter for the perfect finish before serving them to your friends and family.