Whether at home or school, one worry moms all over the world have is if their kids eat enough or not. The thing about kids is that they don’t seem to like anything with too many vegetables and easily get bored with the same lunches every day. So, moms out there, let us extend a helping hand when it comes to spicing up lunch snacks to make sure kids are excited about having their meals.
These homemade pizza rolls are really easy to whip up, not to mention tastes delicious with every crunchy bite of it!
Pizza Roll Filling
- 1 pkt Chicken ham
- 1 pkt Sausages
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper and salt
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 cups 7 Star Wholemeal Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pour the warm water into a bowl. Dissolve sugar in the water, sprinkle yeast on the top and leave it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and olive oil into the yeast mixture and stir well. Next mix in 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 2 cups of 7 Star Wholemeal Flour till the dough becomes thick and firm.
- Sprinkle the remaining all-purpose flour onto a flat surface and tip the dough here. Knead the dough until all the flour has been absorbed and the dough is smooth. Put the dough in a bowl smeared with olive oil, cover with a towel and leave it to sit for about an hour. The dough should double in size by then.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and place the dough on it. You could either divide the dough into 2 for a thin crust or leave it the way it is for thick crust. Leave the dough to sit for another 45 minutes till doubled in size again.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 degrees Celsius). Roll the door with a rolling pin till the dough is stretched to the maximum. Drape the rolled dough over both fists and pull outwards while rotating.
- When the dough has taken the shape and size you want it to, place the dough on an oiled pan. Cover the surface of the dough with slices of chicken ham evenly spread apart, but enough to cover the full surface.
- Chop the sausages and sprinkle evenly on top. Add both kinds of cheese as well.
- Season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano if available.
- Roll the dough over gently and cut it with a pizza roller. Repeat till you have several rolls of pizza.
- Bake for 16 – 20 minutes till the crust looks crisp and golden and the cheese inside has melted. Leave it to cool and they are ready to eat!