With Father’s Day coming up and travel restrictions being very uncertain, there’s only so much you could do to appreciate him after all. So why not bake something for him with a few simple ingredients? Check out this recipe for a fun twist to a regular cake! This is a giant cookie cake…yum…!
- 250g 7 Star Cake Flour
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 200g light soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 50g white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and grease a 22-inch springform cake tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until the mix is nice and fluffy. Add the egg, the extra yolk, and vanilla essence and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornflour, and baking powder. Gradually fold the dry mix into the butter mix. The dough will turn out thick once the ingredients are well combined, next, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Put the mix in the pan you’ve prepared and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, leave the cake to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm with ice cream.