Go vegetarian this weekend with a delicious Garlic Naan meal. While the recipe cooks up six large garlic naans, they can easily be shared among a group of twelve. Therefore, this will be the perfect Indian meal to serve at a friends and family get-together. Although the recipe uses butter, you may substitute it with vegetable ghee to turn it vegan friendly. Here’s how 7 Star can lend its helping hand with your Garlic Naan.
- 7 Star All Purpose Flour – 600g
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Yeast – 7g
- Warm water – 420ml
- Melted butter or vegetable ghee – 4 tablespoons
- Chopped garlic – 3 cloves
- Chopped coriander (optional) – 3 tablespoons
- Add the 7 Star All Purpose Flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and set it aside.
- Then, add yeast and sugar to a pan of warm water and set aside for 10 minutes to froth.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the yeast and sugar. Star mixing the ingredients with your hands and set it aside for two minutes.
- Star kneading the dough in a bowl. Be sure not to add any more flour, no matter how sticky the dough may be. Once the kneading is done, cover it up and leave it to rest for about an hour in a warm space.
- Once the dough has risen to double in size, divide it into six equal balls and place them on a tray. Cover it with a clean towel and set it aside for an hour to rise further.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and roll out the balls into teardrop-shaped discs of about 5mm in thickness.
- Fry them in a pan until bubbles form.
- Remove from the pan and brush each naan with butter/vegetable ghee, chopped garlic and coriander before serving.