Just the thought of laddu gets your mouth watering, isn’t it? If you love laddu, then here’s a recipe with a slight twist! Throw in some pineapple for a citrusy zest and let’s see what happens!
- ½ cup 7 Star Semolina
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- Few Cashews and Raisins
- 2 tbsp. Ghee or Butter
- 1 tsp. Cardamom powder
- 1cup Pineapple Puree
- Mix coconut and semolina in a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Fry the raisins and cashew nuts in a tablespoon of ghee until the nuts turn a nice golden brown and the raisins are puffed up.
- Add the semolina mix into the pan and roast it well until. Make sure the semolina does not lose its colour. Once done take the mix off the heat.
- Add sugar, cardamom, and pineapple juice into a pan and bring it to a boil on medium heat. The mix needs to reach a stringy consistency before it is taken off the fire.
- When the syrup reaches a consistency of one thread, add the semolina mix and combine well for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Take the pan off the heat and cover it, set it aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the mix has cooled, mould them into balls and freeze them to store.