The celebration of Eid always calls for sweets. While the country faces a tremendous challenge to overcome the prevailing economic situation, a sweet treat on your Eid table remains a necessity. Originating from the days of the Great Depression, this dairy-free chocolate cake is delicious and moist, the perfect substitute to decorate your dining table for a festival of sweets.
For the cake:
- 7 Star Cake Flour – 3 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Canola oil – 3 tablespoons
- White vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
How to make this gooey goodness!
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking tray of 9×13 inches.
- Sift the 7-Star Cake Flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda into one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir the wet ingredients and mix them with the dry ingredients. Stir until they are well combined.
- Pour the batter into a baking tray and leave it for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Garnish the cake with some melted chocolate or as preferred.
With minimal ingredients and limited effort, a delicious cake for your table of treats this Eid is closer than you think.