This iftar, treat your loved ones to nourishing and delectable bites with 7 Star! These thin, savoury crepes are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and it’s the perfect excuse to use up all your leftovers as they go with almost any filling. Here, we’ve used chicken but you can substitute it with any meat or veggie filling you choose.
For crepes –
- 7 Star all-purpose flour 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Melted butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- A drop of garlic paste (optional)
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- 1 chopped red or green chilli
- some oil or butter for greasing the pan
- a saucepan, preferably non-stick (about 8″)
For the chicken marinade –
- Boneless chicken breast, cut into strips – 250g
- Yoghurt – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- A pinch of red chilli powder
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Other ingredients –
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 7 Star All Purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- sliced stir-fried mushrooms (optional)
- boiled potato cubes (optional)
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- 1 chopped green chilli
- Chopped coriander – 2 tbsp
How to make
- Marinate chicken for 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken until done, then slice into small pieces.
- In a pan, fry onions in butter until soft.
- Add flour, salt, and black pepper and stir.
- Add milk and cook until thickened.
- Add cooked chicken (and mushrooms/potatoes if using), chopped green chillies, and coriander leaves.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Mix flour, chopped chilli, chopped coriander, and salt in a bowl.
- In a small jug, whisk milk, water, and eggs together.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking as you pour.
- Add melted butter and garlic paste, and whisk to incorporate.
- Rest batter in the fridge for 30 mins (optional).
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat and add a few drops of oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and swirl to distribute evenly.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until slightly browned.
- Flip the crêpe and cook the other side.
- Repeat until all crêpes are done.
- Fill each crêpe with chicken filling and serve.