Milk Cake is a popular delight that is much-loved by families around the world. It is an all-time favourite of the young and old alike. With an egg base into which dry ingredients are folded in and given a more creamy edge by pouring a buttery milk solution, it lends the perfect flavour that would keep the young and old craving for more. Hot Milk Cake is the perfect ending for your meals, as it can be garnished with all sorts of garnishing, which would surprise your tastebuds with its flavoursome antics! Here’s the recipe:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups 7 Star Cake Flour
- 2-1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 10 tbsp of butter – cubed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat them on high speed for about five minutes until it gets thick.
- Next, gradually add sugar while beating until the mixture appears fluffy.
- Add vanilla to the mixture.
- Combine flour with baking powder and gradually add it to the butter, beating at low speed until all the ingredients are blend together.
- Using a small saucepan, heat cubes of butter in milk until they melt.
- Gradually add this milky butter liquid to your mixture and blend just to get them combined.
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan, possibly a 13×9” one.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and get it out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve along with a garnish of whipped cream to heighten its delicious flavour.