And just like that, we are at the beginning of yet another new year! How many of you have made new year resolutions to eat healthily, and are already failing at it? But don’t let that get your spirits down! Eating healthy is not only about staying away from your favourite desserts and snacks; it’s actually all about balance! Here’s a nutritious breakfast that includes whole wheat flour!
- 1 cup – 7 Star Wholemeal Flour
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tsp – sugar (can be reduced or omitted)
- 1 tsp – baking powder
- ¼ tsp – cinnamon powder
- 1.5 cups – milk (may opt for almond/soy milk)
- 1 tbsp – unsalted butter
Mixing Dry Ingredients
- Sieve one cup of 7 Star wholemeal flour – once or twice would be enough.
- Then, add a pinch of salt along with 3 teaspoons of sugar. You can skip the sugar entirely if you want this meal to be healthier.
- Next, add one teaspoon of baking powder.
- Add a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder. This can be substituted with a ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract as well.
- Mix all the ingredients well with a wire whisk.
Mixing Wet Ingredients
- Heat milk on medium heat.
- Once the milk becomes hot (do not let it boil), add one tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Next, thoroughly mix the butter in hot milk.
Now, Let’s Make the Egg-free Pancake Pancakes!
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients well with a wire whisk. Mix thoroughly until the batter is smooth. Break lumps using the whisk.
- The batter should be of a pourable consistency; if it’s thick, add ¼ cup more of hot milk to make it smooth.
- Keep a pan on the stove on medium heat and spread ½ to 1 tsp of unsalted butter on it.
- Gently pour the batter using a ladle. The batter will spread on its own.
- Let the pancake cook until you see bubbles forming on its surface.
- Once you see the base turning crisp and golden, turn the pancake gently flip the pancake.
- Cook the second side until it turns golden as well.
- Keep making pancakes and you can serve them warm with fresh fruits, jam, or even drizzled with maple syrup or honey.