Go eggless this Christmas with this delicious fruit cake courtesy of 7 Star. Our cake is festive, yummy and can be prepared with ease. Be sure to incorporate all your favourite Christmas shades into this gorgeous fruit cake with a choice of colourful dried fruits, and nuts for heavenly bites. Treat your family and friends this Christmas with a taste that will linger on for many years to come.
- 7 Star All Purpose Flour – 210g
- Dried fruits – 150g
- Citrus peels – 20g
- Hot water – 180ml
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla – 1 tablespoon
- Brown sugar – 200g
- Melted butter – 80ml
- Orange juice – 120ml
- Chopped nuts – 100g
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Chop all the dry fruits and nuts and set the nuts aside. In a mixing bowl, add the chopped dried fruits and pour water (once the water has been boiled) over the dried fruits. Set it aside to cool.
- Mix the brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, vinegar and orange juice together with the fruit mixture.
- Add 7 Star All Purpose Flour, salt, and baking soda to a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the well-stirred fruit mixture.
- Add the chopped nuts to the mixture and pour it into your baking tray.
- Pop it in a preheated oven (170C) for 35-40 minutes. Keep in mind that the baking time may vary according to your choice of baking tray/loaf pan.
- Let your baked Eggless Fruit Cake cool down on a wire rack to serve it fresh for friends and family.