Crunchy, crispy and tastes like heaven! The ultra-thin pizza is always a people’s favorite and a classic. But did you know, you can make it at home with 7 Star flour? Homemade pizza is the best! Check out this super easy recipe to make ultra-thin pizza!
1 1/2 cups 7 Star All-Purpose Flour
1 cup 7 Star Semolina flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
1 to 1 1/4 cups warm water
1. Combine the dry ingredients, oil, and 1 cup of water, mixing and kneading everything together by hand, mixer or bread machine set on the dough cycle until you’ve made a soft, smooth dough. The golden-yellow dough should be soft and supple; adjust with additional water or flour if needed. If you’re kneading in a stand mixer, it should take 4 to 5 minutes at second speed, and the dough should barely clean the sides of the bowl, perhaps sticking a bit at the bottom.
2. Set the dough aside, lightly covered with plastic wrap, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 to 90 minutes, or until it begins to look puffy. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 425°F.
3. Divide the dough into two equal portions and place each on a lightly oiled 12″ Pan Pizza, or on parchment paper lightly spritzed with cooking spray.
4. Use your fingers to press the dough outward from the center to make a very thin, flat circle about 12″ across. Due to the nature of semolina, you shouldn’t have too much trouble with the dough stretching and shrinking back. But if you do, just walk away and let the dough rest for 10 minutes to relax the gluten, then return to stretch it farther.
5. Top the pizzas with your favorite sauces, toppings and cheese! Just remember to keep in mind not to overload the thin crust. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Try this out and let us know if it tasted amazing in the comments below!