Had a sudden yearning for a piece of cake? Let us guide you on the road to cheat the cheat day with this delicious and moist Eggless Coffee Cake, baked to perfection with our very own 7 Star All Purpose Flour, your baking companion all the way.
- 7 Star All Purpose Flour – 180g
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Yoghurt – 285g
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar – 150g
- Vegetable oil – 120ml
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Instant coffee – 2 tablespoons
- Hot water – 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 130C degrees.
- Mix the baking soda and yoghurt in a bowl and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the mixture transforms into a foam-like texture.
- Add sugar and vegetable oil to a separate bowl and whisk for approximately 3-4 minutes. Pour the vanilla extract into the mixture and mix well.
- Add the foamy yoghurt and baking soda mix and combine well.
- Mix the instant coffee with hot water and pour it into your cake batter for the coffee flavour to dominate its taste.
- Next, add 7 Star All Purpose Flour and baking powder to the batter and combine well until no flour pockets are left.
- Transfer the batter into an 8-inch tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
Your Eggless Coffee Cake is good to go! Cut it into pieces for a teatime sweet and be sure to pour your favourite topping over the pieces of cake to add a final touch of presentation.