Linzer Cookies are some of the best-loved cookies around – be it among kids or adults! Many adore the rich and flavoursome combination of the cookie as well as its temptingly delicious jam. A classic sandwich cookie, Linzer cookies are not the fastest to throw together; however, with a bit of patience, you will be able to come up with the yummiest version of these!
With Valentine’s just around the corner, make sure to cut out heart shapes on your cookies when trying out the below recipe!
- 1.5 cups – of almond flour
- 1.5 cups – 7 Star All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp – ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp – ground cloves
- ¼ tsp – kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp – vanilla extract
- ½ cup – butter
- ½ cup – granulated sugar
- ½ cup – Strawberry Jam
- 2 tbsp – powdered sugar (for garnishing)
- Add almond flour, all-purpose flour, cloves, cinnamon, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk well.
- Whisk egg and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
- Add butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat for 3-4 minutes using a hand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. Now, pour in the egg mixture to this and beat until both are well combined.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and beat until those are just incorporated.
- Then, divide the dough in half and form each half into a shape of a disk.
- After that, place each disk between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll each disk of dough to 1/8” in thickness.
- Next, chill them in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Once the cookies are frozen, preheat the oven to 375° and using parchment paper, line two baking trays.
- Peel away the parchment of your dough and use a cookie cutter (ideally 2”) to cut out cookies.
- Use a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut heart-shaped windows if desired.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray and bake for 7-9 minutes until they turn a light golden colour. Let the cookies cool.
- Stir in one teaspoon of water with jam in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on low for about 30 seconds.
- Then spread a bit of jam in the centre of the cookie, and top it off with another. Repeat with other cookies.
- Dust with powdered sugar and your valentine treat will be ready to eat!